Whilst at my dear friend's 30th birthday weekend, there was some yummy discussion of healthy treats (I think you could can tell the 20's are over)! If you know me, I'm not particularly a health nut, but I took the talk of homemade granola into my own hands and tried a recipe found on pinterest. It's still a wee bit sugary but one step at a time… I'll ease my way into healthy treats! Plus, it was hubby approved and that means it's yummy! ;D
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Oats and Flax Seed.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine Peanut Butter, Honey, Vanilla and Brown Sugar. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Using a spatula or your hands, combine the peanut butter mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Press into the 8x8 baking dish and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove from baking dish and cut into bars.
measuring cups: anthropologie
source of recipe